The AAS2019 conference will include four days of presentations and social events on the lovely campus of the Australian National University in Canberra, ACT. The publisher space will be positioned close to the tea/coffee distribution and reception area, ensuring that this will be the space where delegates congregate, linger, and they won’t be able to miss your presence. We would encourage publishers to come along and participate.
Marketing options available
Publishers can choose one or more of the following options (prices include GST):
- Single display table (~1.8m x 0.75m) – including abstract book and full access to panels & events for two colleagues*.
Charge: 660 AUD
- Double display table (~3.6m x 0.75m) – including abstract book and full access to panels & events for three colleagues*.
Charge: 990 AUD
- Full page portrait advert in abstract book. Please email a 300dpi, black & white TIF, A4 size (min. 210mm (H) x 148mm (W)) with 3mm bleed to admin(at)aasconf.org by October 14th with subject line “Publisher ad in conference programme”.
Charge: 330 AUD
N.B. Sending books for sale!
This year we are able to offer the opportunity to still present books at the conference if you are unable to send a representative. The Book Merchant Jenkins, an Australian independent bookseller, is available to act as your agent. The service includes set up, management, and pack down of your table, and return packing of your stock. You will need to ship books to the conference venue, provide a price list, and nominate what to do with leftover stock, whether return or disposal. In addition to AAS table fees there is a 13.3% (inc. GST) service fee charged on any sales made, but choosing this option will give you a 10% discount on table prices. Payment for sales minus service fee and return shipping costs will be made via bank transfer to your nominated account within 14 days of the final day of the conference.
- Staffed single display table. Charge: 600 AUD + 13.3% service fee on sales made
- Staffed double display table. Charge: 900 AUD + 13.3% service fee on sales made
*Additional colleagues will be billed at 330 AUD per person.
NB! “All events” does not include the conference dinner which has its own charge. If interested to book your staff into the conference dinner, please email admin(at)aasconf.org.
- We do NOT offer unstaffed displays – experience shows that you do not get to really market your company, but simply lose your stock.
- We do NOT offer insertion of ads/catalogues in delegate packs — experience shows that the clutter in a delegate bag is quickly junked, and rarely into a recycling bin. Ads which are printed in our conference book will not be thrown away, and so will have a longer shelf-life; while this will also have environmental benefits.
If booking a display table(s), please email the following information:
- name of company
- number of tables and/or adverts you wish to book
- names and email addresses of any staff wishing to attend (for badge/access purposes)
- whether you require electricity at your stand
- any information you need to appear on the invoice
Terms of payment will be 30 days from receipt of the invoice, and payment methods will be card payment online or bank transfer.
Email admin(at)aasconf.org to book your presence by the 21st of October.
Delivery deadline & address
If sending books, etc, please mark all parcels with delivery labels as follows:
To: AAS2019 CONFERENCE – publisher name
School of Archaeology and Anthropology
44 Linnaeus Way, Banks Building
Acton, ACT 2601, Australia
It is advisable to aim getting the parcels to the venue by November 18th.
Exhibitors can pack up from lunchtime Thursday, December 5th onwards. To ensure you get your books back please label all your boxes, with your publisher name in the top left-hand corner, and make sure that whoever makes the courier booking ensures that publisher name is used as a reference in the order. Collections should be booked for 5th or 6th December.
Collections address as above.